Ostrii Platform Programme Cohort 1 Five-year access to the Ostrii platform for local organisations in Uganda
Rural Inclusion is a UK-registered social enterprise driving economic development in rural communities in developing countries, through a global network of ambassadors and local strategic partners. Our vision is for individuals in rural communities across developing countries to have the tools and knowledge to create sustainable economic growth, increase resilience against climate shocks, and maintain healthy lives.
In 2022, Rural Inclusion launched the Ostrii platform, an offline mobile app available on Android and iOS, designed to empower field agents of partner organisations to effectively train rural communities using animated videos in local languages. Ostrii was initially launched in Central Uganda, and has since been used by partner organisations across Uganda, Malawi, Kenya and El Salvador.
Learn how the Ostrii platform works here:
See how Ostrii was used in a project in Uganda here:
The curriculum on the application currently focuses on financial literacy for smallholder farmers, including the following topics; budgeting, saving, responsible borrowing, bookkeeping, investing and agricultural insurance.
See examples of the type of content available on Ostrii here:
Ostrii is available in Uganda for International NGOs and financial institutions on a subscription basis.
As we continue driving positive change in rural communities, we offer eligible local organisations access to the Ostrii Platform to effectively empower field agents to train their groups using animated videos in local languages. Please note that the standard platform access rate is $150 per agent annually. However, as part of the Rural Inclusion vision to drive economic development in rural communities, we have launched a software programme to provide this valuable tool to selected local organisations at no cost.
For successful applicants, Ostrii will be accessible to nominated field agents in the organisation for a period of five years.
NOTE: IMPLEMENTING COSTS ARE NOT PROVIDED IN THIS PROGRAMME. RURAL INCLUSION IS A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SUPPORTING LOCAL ORGANISATIONS PROVIDING ACCESS TO OSTRII AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE.
What are the benefits for successful applicants?
- Access to the Ostrii platform for nominated field agents between July 2023 – July 2028
- Access to financial literacy content in Luganda and Lukonzo
- Access to future modules developed on the Ostrii platform
- Technical Assistance from a local Inclusion Ambassador
- Training of Trainer session for field agents
- Opportunity to be featured on the Rural Inclusion website and social media channels
- Ostrii accreditation for agents
- Incentives for long-term usage
The Programme is now launching this Request for Applications (RFA), calling local organisations in Uganda to join Cohort 1. Applications will be considered from the following organisations; Community Based Organisations (CBOs), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Agribusinesses, Co-Operatives, Social Enterprises.
- Applicants must be registered in Uganda
- Applicants must have previous experience with delivering training to rural communities in Uganda
- Applicants must have an active network of agents that support rural groups, with access to a smartphone or tablet
- Applicants must be able to utilise the Ostrii tool without additional financial support from Rural Inclusion.
What will not be considered:
- If the applicant is an international organisation
- If the applicant is a financial institution
- If the applicant does not have an active network of field agents (or similar)
Cohort 1 Programme Dates
|Call for Applications Open||Monday 3rd April 2023|
|Call for Applications Close||Monday 24th April 2023|
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with successful applicants notified by Monday 8th May 2023. Access to the Ostrii platform for successful applicants will be granted in July 2023.